Are hen dos supposed to be a surprise?
Should the hen party be a surprise or arranged by the bride? With most hen nights, the bride is usually consulted on the basics – the date, time, invite list, and where it will start. But saying that, a surprise party can be a fun idea, depending on the bride’s personality.
How do I invite people to hen do?
Top hen party invite tips
- Provide both your email address and phone number on the invites to make sure everyone can get in touch with you.
- Make sure to check the guest list with your bride-to-be before sending any invites — just in case you didn’t know she hated that girl now or never actually wanted her grandma there…
What can you not do on a hen do?
What not to do when you’re planning a hen party
- Don’t plan your dream hen party.
- Don’t let too many cooks spoil the broth.
- Keep the hens in the loop.
- Don’t blind-side the bride.
- It’s not about glory seeking.
- Don’t over cater.
- There is such a thing as too much organised fun.
- Be well prepared.
Do mums go on hen dos?
Yes You Should Bring Your Mam To Your Hen If… – She’s great fun to have on a night out, and gets into the spirit of things. – You’re having a low-key hen with just dinner, afternoon tea, or a daytime activity. – Your mother gets on really well with your friends.
What are the best ideas for hen parties?
Well, imagine a cross between a tank, a jet ski and a Segway and you’ll have some idea. Basically they’re really cool machines that are brilliant fun to drive across all sorts of terrains and are great ideas for hen parties.
What to do for a Harry Potter hen party?
Each hen with have a silent disco hen set so she can sing and dance her way through the Toon, and make onlookers laugh (or cover their ears) as you go. Got a Potter fan in your midst? Then treat her to a geeky day of Potter-based fun at one of the famous filming locations – Alnwick Castle, including a broomstick riding class!
What is a hen party called in the US?
A hen do has several different names and ss you may have heard in Hollywood movies, a hen do is known as a bachelorette party in the US. Who invented the hen party? You’ve got Ancient Greece to thank for that!
What happens at a farm hen party?
A real hen party with a difference, farm weekends are filled with fun activities such as cow-milking, feeding the animals, bog-jumping, bread-making, hen chases and farm treasure trails. All great craic providing fantastic memories for the bride to be and her mates. Photo via Dublin Cookery School, Pizza Classes 5.