How can I see MySQL database in CMD?
To access a specific database, type the following command at the mysql> prompt, replacing dbname with the name of the database that you want to access: Copy use dbname; Make sure you do not forget the semicolon at the end of the statement. After you access a database, you can run SQL queries, list tables, and so on.
How can I see database?
To view a list of databases on an instance of SQL Server
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- To see a list of all databases on the instance, expand Databases.
Which command displays the list of databases?
|Handy MySQL Commands|
|List all databases on the sql server.||show databases;|
|Switch to a database.||use [db name];|
|To see all the tables in the db.||show tables;|
How do I display a SQL database table?
Then issue one of the following SQL statement:
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user:
How do I display current database in SQL?
Getting the Name of the Server and Databases in SQL Server
- Select * from sysservers.
- Select @@servername as [ServerName]
- SELECT DB_NAME() AS [Current Database]
- Select * from sysdatabases.
How do I view a view in SQL?
Get view properties by using Object Explorer
- In Object Explorer, select the plus sign next to the database that contains the view to which you want to view the properties, and then click the plus sign to expand the Views folder.
- Right-click the view of which you want to view the properties and select Properties.
How can I see tables in SQL Server?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, select the table for which you want to show properties.
- Right-click the table and choose Properties from the shortcut menu. For more information, see Table Properties – SSMS.
How do I get a list of table names in mysql?
The syntax to get all table names with the help of SELECT statement. mysql> use test; Database changed mysql> SELECT Table_name as TablesName from information_schema. tables where table_schema = ‘test’; Output with the name of the three tables.
How to check which database is selected in MySQL?
Click a database name in the left pane to select a database.
How to view all databases in MySQL server?
mysql>. 2. To show all available databases enter the following command: SHOW DATABASES; Make sure to include the semicolon at the end. You can also use: SHOW SCHEMA; In MySQL, a schema serves the same function as database. In other database applications, though, a schema may be only a part of a database.
How do I show tables in MySQL?
How do I show tables in MySQL terminal? To get a list of the tables in a MySQL database, use the mysql client tool to connect to the MySQL server and run the SHOW TABLES command. The optional FULL modifier will show the table type as a second output column.
How to show tables in MySQL?
mysql> SHOW TABLES FROM mystudentdb;