How do I copy a topic in Moodle?
For each item you wish to copy, click Edit, then select Duplicate. Duplicate resources or activities appear immediately below the original. Use the Mass Actions block to select and duplicate items directly into the new empty Section. See The Mass Actions Block in Moodle.
How do I add an activity on Moodle?
Add an Activity using the Activity Chooser
- On your course page, click Turn editing on (green pencil icon.
- In the Section where you want the activity to appear, click + Add an activity or resource.
- Select an activity.
- Click Add.
- Configure the settings for the activity.
How do I restrict access to Moodle?
To use the restrict access feature, it must be enabled by an administrator by checking the “Enable restricted access” box in Administration > Site administration > Advanced features. A restrict access section will then appear for teachers on the Activity settings screen, with an ‘Add restriction’ button.
How do I hide students from Moodle quiz?
Hiding and Revealing Items
- Open the Section editing menu by clicking on the Edit down arrow to the far right of your section title, below the Section Administration gear.
- To reveal the section again, follow the same process and click on Show section.
- Select Hide option from the pull-down menu:
- Follow the same steps to reveal the item again.
How do you move a section in Moodle?
Use Drag and Drop to Move Items within Your Course
- On your course page, click Turn editing on (green pencil icon. , top right). Editing icons will appear.
- To move Activities or Resources: Click and drag the Move icon ( ) at the left of the item link. As you drag, Moodle will dim the items under the item you are dragging.
What are Moodle groups?
The groups feature allows an instructor to assign students (and TAs or co-instructors) to one or more groups for the entire course or for individual activities.
How do I enroll a user in bulk on Moodle?
Enrol the Students In the Settings block on your course, under Course administration, click Users > Bulk enrolments. Select Choose a file and upload your CSV file. Make sure Role to assign is left as student.
How do you create a group message in Moodle?
Send a group message/email using the Participants list
- In the Navigation block, select Participants.
- From the drop-down list, search the group you want to email.
- At the bottom left of the list, click Select all.
- From the Choose…
- On the Message course users page, type your message in the Message body box.
How do I copy from one course to another in Moodle?
Course copy from Course and category management screen
- From Site administration / Courses / Manage courses and categories, click to select a category.
- Find the course you want to copy, and click the duplicate icon to copy the course.
What is a Moodle activity?
An activity is a general name for a group of features in a Moodle course. Usually an activity is something that a student will do that interacts with other students and or the teacher. Additional plugins from the Moodle plugins directory may also be installed on your site.
How do I import a group into Moodle?
Upload Groups to Moodle
- Add the Upload / download groups block. See Add & Remove Blocks in Moodle.
- Prepare the source file:
- Save the file as a CSV.
- On the Upload / downloads groups block, click Upload groups.
- Click Choose a file and upload the CSV file.
- Click Submit group data.
How do I assign students to groups in Moodle?
To assign users to a group:
- On the Groups page, click the “Add/remove users” button.
- In the “Potential members” list, select the students you want to add to the group.
- Click the arrow button that points towards the “Existing members” list.
How do you copy and paste in Moodle?
Why Can’t I Copy & Paste in Moodle?
- Ctrl + C: Copy.
- Ctrl + V: Paste.
How do I export a Moodle course?
Exporting Content From Moodle From within a course, from the course Administration menu, choose Backup. Select whether to export as a Common Cartridge or a native Moodle file. Follow the succession of screens, to complete the process.
How do I customize my Moodle page?
Creating a custom Front page
- Log into the Moodle Dashboard.
- Navigate to Front page settings > Edit settings in the Settings to the Left.
- On the Front page settings page, Select None for the Front page and the Front page items when logged in drop boxes to remove the Categories and Courses from the Front page.
How do I hide a quiz in Moodle?
Hide/Show an Activity, Resource, or Section
- On your course page, click Turn editing on (green pencil icon.
- To hide an item, under the Resource, Activity, or on the right of the Section you want to hide, click Edit, then Hide.
- To un-hide an item, next to the Resource, Activity, or Section, click Edit, then Show.
How do I use Moodle?
Step-by-step instructions to use Moodle
- Step 1 – learn about the Moodle experience.
- Step 2 – install Moodle.
- Step 3 – configure your site.
- Step 4 – create the framework for your learning site.
- Step 5 – make decisions about common settings.
- Step 6 – add basic course material.
- Step 7 – make your courses interactive.
- Step 8 – evaluate your students.
What is a grouping in Moodle?
A grouping is a collection of groups within a course. Using groupings allows you to direct tasks at one or more groups in your course, so that they can work together on the tasks.
How do you use groups in Moodle?
Create a group
- In the Settings block, select Course administration > Users > Groups.
- On the Groups page, click Create group. (Alternatively, you can click Auto-create groups and specify how you want all students in the class divided into groups.)
- On the Create group page: Enter a Group name. Enter a Group description, if necessary.
How do I reset a course in Moodle?
- Go to your Moodle course and click on the Actions cog in the top-right of the page.
- Click on the Reset link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Select default button.
- Go to the Roles box.
- Scroll to the bottom again and click the Reset course button to start the reset process.
In which of the following format question paper can be import in Moodle?
Moodle XML format
How do I delete a Moodle activity?
Delete a Section
- Open your course page, click Turn editing on (green pencil icon. , top right).
- Locate the section you want to delete. At the top right of the section, click Edit.
- From the Edit drop-down, click Delete section.
- You will be reminded that deleting a section will delete the activities contained within it.