How do I play wherigo on Android?
- Step 1: Download a Cartridge. Search for a Wherigo cartridge near you.
- Step 2: Go Out and Play. Playing a cartridge is an interactive experience that requires you to move between zones.
- Step 3: Log It Online. Share your playing experience with the cartridge creator and other players at Wherigo.com.
What is a wherigo cartridge?
Wherigo.com A cartridge is a downloadable file that contains all the information necessary to play Wherigo. Cartridges can be played wherever you have a GPS signal, and may be linked to a single location or “Play Anywhere.”
What is a wherigo cache?
Wherigo® Caches are GPS-enabled adventures in the real world. They use GPS technology to guide players to physical locations where they can interact with virtual or physical objects. Wherigo Caches can have different designs that overlap with other cache types.
Is there anything similar to geocaching?
Letterboxing is similar to geocaching in that there are treasure boxes (letterboxes) hidden and the locations are recorded. However, letterboxing doesn’t usually use coordinates. It uses clues and directions (more like orienteering).
How do I download wherigo cartridges?
These are the fundamental steps (for an Android phone) :
- Download the WhereYouGo app for Android.
- Download the wherigo cartridge in question from the wherigo website.
- Go to MyFiles.
- Press and hold the cartridge, and select to move it.
- After you press “move”, go to Internal Storage.
How do you solve wherigo?
Now, the traditional way to solve them is to plug in the three numbers from the cache listing into the cartidge and then keep opening it. It will tell you each time how far you are away from the cache location, but NOT the direction.
How do you make a wherigo cartridge?
How to Build a Cartridge
- Step 1: Map Out Zones. Zones are GPS-defined locations in the real world – the basic building blocks of Wherigo.
- Step 2: Create a Story. Define your context – the situation, objectives, and events that you want players to experience.
- Step 3: Share It Online.
What is the best geocaching app for Android?
The Best Geocaching Apps on Android
- c:geo. One of the most popular geocacher apps out there, this free and open-source program does not use the official geocaching API.
- Locus Map Free. This app isn’t geocaching-specific – it’s for generic outdoor navigation.
- GCC – GeoCache Calculator.
Which activity is most similar to geocaching?
Like geocaching, letterboxing involves finding a container in a hidden location. But rather than reaching certain coordinates with a GPS, you find the letterbox by following written clues.
What is an Earthcache?
An Earthcache is a special place that people can visit to learn about a unique geoscience feature or aspect of our Earth. Earthcaches include a set of educational notes and the details about where to find the location (latitude and longitude).
How do you make wherigo?
How do I play wherigo on my Iphone?
- With newer devices, you can download cartridges with your computer and drag and drop to the Wherigo app folder in iTunes.
- You can also drag and drop .
- Be sure to select “PocketPC” as the device when downloading cartridges for best results, although any device should work.
How do you do a reverse wherigo?
- Write down your password.
- Restart the Wherigo.
- Do not restore the savegame.
- select -create- a ReverseCache.
- Go to the final location.
- Wite down the code.
- In your listing: Mention the code + the link to this Wherigo.
- Let me know!
Which geocache app is best?
Here’s our list of the 5 best apps for geocaching:
- Geocaching by Groundspeak. This is the game’s official app, which is why it appears first in this list (and also because it is compatible with both Android and iOS).
- Cache Maid.
- Looking 4 Cache Pro.
What is the official geocache app?
It’s no surprise that one of the better free geocaching apps is the official app, called Geocaching. You can use it to search for geocaches, log that you did or did not find any particular cache, and more. However, because there’s also a premium version available, the free app is limited in some ways.
What is a mystery cache?
Mystery Caches can be a bit of a, well, mystery! Known as Puzzle or Unknown caches as well, Mysteries are a “catch-all” geocache type that involves solving puzzles in order to decode the correct cache coordinates or crack secret clues to unlock a cache’s stash.
What are the 4 types of mystery caches?
These are the four primary cache types:
- Traditional Geocache: This is the original cache type and most straightforward.
- Mystery or Puzzle Caches: Solve the mystery or puzzle to reveal the correct coordinates.
- Multi-Cache: A cache with two or more “stages.” The final location has a container with a logbook inside.