Is World Scientific a reputable publisher?
In about 3 decades, it has established itself as one of the leading academic and professional publishers in the world, and the largest international scientific publisher in the Asia-Pacific region. World Scientific publishes about 600 new titles a year and 140 journals in various fields.
Who owns world scientific?
Dr Phua Kok Khoo
The Chairman and Editor-in-Chief is Dr Phua Kok Khoo, while the Managing Director is Doreen Liu. The company was co-founded by them in 1981.
Is the journal Science credible?
Science, also widely referred to as Science Magazine, is the peer-reviewed academic journal of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and one of the world’s top academic journals.
What is the most reputable scientific journal?
Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians
|Title||Total Cites (3years)|
|1||Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians||17959|
|3||MMWR Recommendations and Reports||663|
|4||New England Journal of Medicine||143343|
Is global scientific journal fake?
Yes, most probably Global Scientific Journal – GSJ Publication is predatory (which is worse than non-reputable). My assessment is based simply on the reputable Beall’s list here (updated two weeks ago, 18 Aug 2019): Here we include journals that were not originally on the Beall’s list, but may be predatory.
Where is World Scientific Publishing located?
World Scientific Publishing is an academic publisher of scientific, technical, and medical books and journals headquartered in Singapore. The company was founded in 1981. It publishes about 600 books annually as well as more than 150 journals in various fields.
Is Book publisher International predatory?
For example Mohd Hairul Mohd Salleh mentioned that the publisher is not included in any predatory list. Since 5 February (https://beallslist.net/changelog/) “Book Publisher International” is added to the updated version of the Beall’s list of potentially predatory publishers: https://beallslist.net/#update .
How do I know if a journal is legitimate?
The credibility of a journal may be assessed by examining several key factors:
- Where is it indexed? Is the journal included or indexed in the major bibliographic databases for the field?
- What is its publishing history? How long has the journal been available?
- Is it peer-reviewed?
- What is its impact factor?
Who are the best scientist in the world?
The 10 Greatest Scientists of All Time
- Albert Einstein: The Whole Package.
- Marie Curie: She Went Her Own Way.
- Isaac Newton: The Man Who Defined Science on a Bet.
- Charles Darwin: Delivering the Evolutionary Gospel.
- Nikola Tesla: Wizard of the Industrial Revolution.
- Galileo Galilei: Discoverer of the Cosmos.
Is Book Publisher International predatory?
How can you tell if the publisher is credible?
Identifying Reputable Publishers
- Check that the publisher provides full, verifiable contact information, including address, on the journal site.
- Check that a journal’s editorial board lists recognized experts with full affiliations.
- Check that the journal prominently displays its policy for author fees.
What is the best science website?
The Best Websites for Expanding Your Scientific Knowledge
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Science News.
- New York Times Science News.
- National Public Radio (NPR)
How do you know if a scientific article is good?
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to determine if a study and its findings are reliable.
- What is the study saying?
- Was it properly designed?
- Was it peer-reviewed?
- Is it in a quality journal?
- Did the researchers disclose their conflicts of interest?
Who funds scientific journals?
Most research funding comes from two major sources, corporations (through research and development departments) and government (primarily carried out through universities and specialized government agencies; often known as research councils).
Who actually reads scientific journals?
Who actually reads those papers? According to one 2007 study, not many people: half of academic papers are read only by their authors and journal editors, the study’s authors write. But not all academics accept that they have an audience of three.
What are the best scientific journals?
This makes coffee one of the best drinks you can have to slow the aging process According to a review from the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, drinking coffee was also linked to a lower risk of developing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older
How to write for and get published in scientific journals?
(1) Conceptualization of a clinically relevant scientific work.
How to get published in a scientific journal?
– Contact the author via email. As mentioned above, the first and last authors are your best bets. – Check the library of a local college or university. Academic institutions, like colleges and universities, often subscribe to many scientific journals. – Contact your mentor and ask if he or she can help you acquire a copy of the paper.
How to publish an article in a scientific journal?
Read the journal’s aims and scope to make sure it is a match.