What problems does a Nissan Maxima have?
Top Nissan Maxima Problems
- Leaking and Low-Pressure Air Conditioning (AC) Hose.
- Transmission Malfunction and Failure.
- Electronic Steering Column Lock (ESCL) Failure.
- Faulty Front Seat Wire Harness.
- Faulty Service Brakes.
- Illuminated Check Engine Light Due to Oil Leak.
- Ignition Coil Failure.
- Power Steering Pump Leak.
Is it worth buying a Nissan Maxima?
Is the Nissan Maxima a Good Car? Yes, the Nissan Maxima is a good car. It has a powerful V6 engine, a gentle ride, a classy cabin, and straightforward infotainment controls. Its main shortcoming is that it’s not as well-rounded as most large car rivals , as it lags many of them in passenger and trunk space.
Is the Maxima a reliable car?
Nissan Maxima Reliability Rating Breakdown. The Nissan Maxima Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 9th out of 12 for fullsize cars. The average annual repair cost is $540 which means it has lower than average ownership costs.
What year Maximas are good?
2017 and Newer Nissan Maxima The 2017 Nissan Maxima models are quite dependable and reliable. These vehicles come with a V6 engine that produces 300 horsepower. That power will be fun to handle because even though this is a large vehicle, it has a great suspension making it fun to drive.
How long will Nissan Maxima last?
The Nissan Maxima is a performance sedan built to last. The average lifespan of the Maxima is 150,000 to 200,000 miles. This means that with the average 15,000 miles per year driven, you can expect 10 – 13 years of service or more with proper usage and maintenance.
Which Gen Maxima is the best?
The First Seven Generations of Maxima, Ranked
- Seventh (And Last) Place: Gen 7 (2008-2014)
- Sixth Place: Gen 6 (2003-2008)
- Fifth Place: Gen 4 (1994-1999)
- Fourth Place: Gen 1 (1981-1983)
- Third Place: Gen 2 (1984-1988)
- Second Place: Gen 5 (1999-2003)
- First Place: Gen 3 (1989)
How many miles will a Nissan Maxima last?
What is the top of the line Maxima?
The 2021 Nissan Maxima Platinum offers most features from the Maxima SR, plus refined accents and features including:
- Premium Ascot leather seat upholstery and steering wheel.
- Memory system for steering wheel position.
- Satin maple wood interior trim.
- Rear window power sunshade.
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers.
Is Maxima better than Altima?
Maxima vs Altima Engines Only the 2020 Altima features an available AWD, while the 2020 Maxima only offers front-wheel drive. However, the 2020 Maxima has a more powerful engine. The standard 3.5L V6 engine on the Maxima boasts a stunning 300 horsepower in comparison to the Altima’s 2.5L 4-cylinder with 188 horsepower.