What word should I start my essay with?
Example: Using Transition Words to Indicate Sequence/Order of Events
|generally… furthermore… finally||during||later on|
|first… just in the same way… finally||finally||then|
|basically… similarly… as well as||first of all||simultaneously|
|afterward||to begin with||soon|
|at first||in the first place||while|
How can I make my essay sound better?
6 tips to make writing sound more professional
- 1 Use active voice. To sound more professional, be concise and to the point.
- 2 Focus on formal language.
- 4 Revise for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- 5 Eliminate excessive words and awkward phrasing.
- 6 Ensure content strikes the intended tone.
How do you write a 100 word essay?
Explore this article
- Know Your Topic and Guidelines.
- Outline the Essay.
- Write a Thesis Statement.
- Compose a Body Paragraph.
- Conclude the Essay.
- Revise Your Work.
What words can I use to make my essay longer?
Including great transitions in your essay will make it longer and better at the same time. Use transition words and phrases like “with this in mind,” “on the contrary,” and “because….” These transitions should come at the beginning of each paragraph or the end of the paragraph just before it.
What phrases to use in a essay?
17 academic words and phrases to use in your essay
- Firstly, secondly, thirdly.
- In view of; in light of; considering.
- According to X; X stated that; referring to the views of X.
- Moreover; furthermore; in addition; what’s more.
- In order to; to that end; to this end.
What word can replace Because?
Synonyms of because
- as long as,
- being (as or as how or that)
- [chiefly dialect],
- inasmuch as,
How can I speak smarter?
Here are nine easily mastered techniques to quickly make yourself more eloquent and smarter sounding.
- Stand or sit with spine straight but relaxed.
- Keep your chin up.
- Focus on your listeners.
- Speak loudly enough to be heard.
- Buttress words with appropriate gestures.
- Strategically position your body.