Why did the shins break up?
Four months after the Shins announced a new lineup, the band’s former drummer, Jesse Sandoval, has explained the reason behind his departure – he was fired because he couldn’t play the parts. “I have a slower learning curve than polished musicians,” Sandoval recently told the Portland Mercury.
What genre of music is the shins?
Alternative/IndieThe Shins / Genre
Do The Shins still make music?
The Shins is currently touring across 2 countries and has 38 upcoming concerts. Their next tour date is at The Warfield in San Francisco, after that they’ll be at Henry Miller Memorial Library in Big Sur.
Are The Shins in Gilmore Girls?
The Shins made an appearance in the season four episode “Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin’ the Twist,” playing at a club in Florida, where Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Paris (Liza Weil) attempt to make Spring Break memories (and attract male attention) by kissing on the dance floor.
Why are The Shins called The Shins?
11. Keeping The Shins’ name alive. Like Neutral Milk Hotel and the Lily’s, he loves the idea of one artist being presented as a band, which is why he stuck with the name and concept of The Shins even though he is the only original member left.
Are the Shins British?
The Shins are an American indie rock band. The band members are singer, songwriter, and guitarist James Russell Mercer, bassist Ron Lewis, bassist/guitarist Dave Hernandez, drummer Joe Plummer, and Eric Johnson.
How did the shins get their name?
2) The Shins The name stems from “The Music Man,” a musical about a conman and a family called the Shinns (obviously). Credit where it’s due, that’s a notch above naming it after an oft-bruised leg bone—even if that’s what everyone will think anyways.
Will The Shins ever tour again?
What song does the Shins play in Gilmore Girls?
8. The Shins made an appearance in the season four episode “Girls in Bikinis, Boys Doin’ the Twist,” playing at a club in Florida, where Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Paris (Liza Weil) attempt to make Spring Break memories (and attract male attention) by kissing on the dance floor.
Did Sonic Youth appear on Gilmore Girls?
Sonic Youth principals Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon, plus their daughter Coco on shakers, will appear on the season finale of the WB drama “Gilmore Girls” to perform an acoustic version of the new…
How did Vampire Weekend come up with their name?
7) Vampire Weekend The band name comes from the self-same title of frontman Ezra Koenig’s college film project, wherein a man named Walcot has to warn the mayor of Cape Cod of a vampire invasion (probably slated for a Friday or Saturday).
Who’s the lead singer of The Shins?
James Mercer is the lead singer and songwriter of The Shins; the band’s latest album is called Heartworms.
How did The Shins get their name?
Why is the band called Hot Chip?
10) Hot Chip For awhile, the name “Hot Chip” evoked an overworked piece of computer hardware. Considering the band’s decidedly electronic wheelhouse, the meaning made sense.
Why is Vampire Weekend called Vampire Weekend?
The band chose the name “Vampire Weekend” from the title of a short film project Koenig worked on during the summer between freshman and sophomore years in college.
Do the shins still make music?
Are the shins in Gilmore Girls?
What is the band in Gilmore Girls Season 4 Episode 17?
Rory and Paris take off to Florida for their first spring break; Paris makes an unexpected bid for attention at a nightclub where the Shins are performing.