How do I move WSUS content folder to another drive?
If you need to move your WSUS content files to a new hard drive on the same server do the following:
- On the new drive create a folder named WSUS and a subfolder named WSUSContent.
- Launch a CMD window as an Administrator.
- CD to C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools\
- Type wsusutil.exe movecontent %content path% %logfile%
How do I move a WSUS database to another server?
Migrate WSUS Database between two SQL
- Run Command Prompt as Admin on your server with WSUS Role;
- Type and execute the next command: net stop W3SVC && net stop wuauserv && net stop WsusService.
- Run SQL Server Management Studio on the first (old) SQL Server;
- Navigate to your WSUS Database (by default SUSDB).
How do I export WSUS content?
To export metadata from the database of the export server
- At the command prompt on the export server, navigate to the folder that contains WSUSutil.exe.
- Type the following: wsusutil.exe export packagename logfile. For example:
- Move the export package you just created to the import server.
How do I reduce the size of my WSUS content folder?
1) Correct any settings above or disapprove any unneeded updates. 2) Close any open WSUS consoles. 3) Go to Administrative Tools – Services and STOP the Update Services service. 5) Delete ALL the files and folders in the WSUSContent folder.
Where is the WSUS content directory?
It is stored in the ContentDir value in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Update Services\Server\Setup key.
Where is WSUS database location?
Preparation of migration We can’t choose the location of WSUS database during the installation. The default location is C:\Windows\WID\Data. The good news is that we can change this location later.
How do I move a Windows Internal Database?
There are five main steps to the process of moving a database within Windows Internal Database:
- Stop the affected services.
- Detach the databases.
- Move the database files.
- Reattach the databases.
- Restart the services.
Where are WSUS files stored?
The metadata is stored in the WSUS database and the update files are either stored locally on the WSUS server or they are left on Microsoft’s servers. If you choose to leave the update files on Microsoft’s servers, your WSUS server will only download the metadata for updates.
Is it safe to delete WSUS content?
It’s not recommended to delete the files in the Content folder directly, since it may cause WSUS work incorrectly. WSUSUtil reset is also used to re-download the binary files of the updates, so that the Content folder can be re-organized.
How do I free up space on WSUS 2019?
You’ll want to clean up your WSUS database to free up some space. In the WSUS management console, click on “Options” then run the “Server Cleanup Wizard”. That should free up a ton.
What is stored in the WSUS database?
The WSUS database is used to store WSUS server configuration information, update metadata (what each update is used for), and information about client computers, updates and client interactions with updates.
Where are WSUS updates stored?
Where is WSUS content stored?
It is stored in the ContentDir value in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Update Services\Server\Setup key. See also Verifying WSUS Server Settings (although in incorrectly states the ContentDir value as Content).
How do I clean up WSUS files?
To run the Server Cleanup Wizard in WSUS Console.
- First of all launch the WSUS administration console.
- Select Options, and then click Server Cleanup Wizard.
- On Select Items to clean page, select what all you would like to clean up on WSUS server.
- The wizard will begin the cleanup process.
How do I move a WSUS database from WID to SQL?
Edit the registry to point WSUS to the SQL Server Instance
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\UpdateServices\Server\Setup\SqlServerName.
- In the Value text box, type [ServerName]\[InstanceName], and then click OK.
How do I backup my WSUS database?
To back up content and data On your WSUS server, click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type %windir%\system32\ntbackup.exe, and then click OK. In the Backup or Restore Wizard, click Next. Verify that Back up files and settings is selected, and then click Next.
How do you use WSUSUtil?
You can run specific commands with WSUSutil.exe to perform specific functions, as summarized in the following table. The syntax you would use to run WSUSutil.exe with specific commands follows the table….Running WSUSutil.exe.
|logfile||The path and file name of the log file to create.|
How do I manually clean my WSUS server?
What is stored in the WSUS content folder?
The WSUSContent folder is where WSUS stores information regarding Microsoft software update EULA’s, third-party software update content, and Microsoft update content when using WSUS standalone without SCCM.