How do I restore my Windows XP Desktop?
Fix Windows XP Active Desktop Recovery Error
- Click Start > Run, type regedit and hit enter.
- Inside regedit find the following key:
- Find the key DeskHtmlVersion and double click it.
- Make the Value data: 0.
- Click ok.
- Now refresh your desktop or restart.
How do I restore my Active Desktop?
Active Desktop Recovery Fix
- Click on Start> Run and then type regedit.
- Expand the following key: HKEY CURRENT USER by selecting Software, then Microsoft. Now choose Internet Explorer, newt Desktop.
- Set the value of DeskHtmlVersion to 0.
- Save your settings and close the registry.
How do I restore Windows XP to factory settings without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I Reset my Windows 10 desktop?
In Windows 10, click the Start menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window. You can also select the Settings app from the app list. Under Settings, click Update & Security > Recovery, then select Get started under Reset this PC.
What is enable Active Desktop?
Enables Active Desktop and prevents users from disabling it. This setting prevents users from trying to enable or disable Active Desktop while a policy controls it. If you disable this setting or do not configure it, Active Desktop is disabled by default, but users can enable it.
How do I restore my desktop on Windows 10?
Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.
How do I Reset my desktop?
Method 1: Change the Screen resolution:
- a) Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard.
- b) In the “Run” Window, type control and then click “Ok”.
- c) In the “Control Panel” Window, select “Personalization”.
- d) Click “Display” option, click “Adjust Resolution”.
- e) Check the minimal resolution and scroll down the slider.
Does reset your PC delete everything?
If you want to recycle your PC, give it away, or start over with it, you can reset it completely. This removes everything and reinstalls Windows. Note: If you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, resetting your PC will restore Windows 8.