How do you resize a table of contents in Word?
Format the text in your table of contents
- Go to References > Table of Contents > Custom Table of Contents.
- Select Modify.
- In the Styles list, click the level that you want to change and then click Modify.
- In the Modify Style pane make your changes.
- Select OK to save changes.
How do I resize a table in Word?
Resize an entire table manually
- Rest the cursor on the table until the table resize handle. appears at the lower-right corner of the table.
- Rest the cursor on the table resize handle until it becomes a double-headed arrow .
- Drag the table boundary until the table is the size you want.
How do I remove header and footer from one page?
Double-click the header or footer area (near the top or bottom of the page) to open the Header & Footer tab. Select Link to Previous to turn off the link between the sections. Select Header or Footer and do one of the following: Choose Remove Header or Remove Footer near the bottom of the menu.
How do I indent a bullet in a table in Word?
Change bullet indents
- Select the bullets in the list by clicking a bullet.
- Right-click, and then click Adjust List Indents.
- Change the distance of the bullet indent from the margin by clicking the arrows in the Bullet position box, or change the distance between the bullet and the text by clicking the arrows in the Text indent box.
How do I keep a table on the same page in Word?
Keeping Tables on One Page
- Select all the rows in the table.
- Display the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Click the small icon at the bottom-right of the Paragraph group. Word displays the Paragraph dialog box.
- Make sure the Line and Page Breaks tab is selected. (See Figure 1.)
- Make sure the Keep Lines Together check box is selected.
- Click on OK.
How do you put a different header on each page?
Create different headers or footers
- Double-click the header or footer.
- Select Different Odd & Even Pages.
- On one of the odd pages, select the header or footer area you want to change.
- Type the document title, and then press Tab twice.
- Select Page Number > Current Position and choose a style.
- Select an even page.
How do I stop a table from going to the next page in Word?
Stop a table from breaking across two pages in Word
- Select the table which breaks across two pages, and then click Layout (under Table Tools) > Properties.
- In the popping out Table Properties dialog box, (1) enable the Row tab, (2) uncheck the Allow row to break across pages option, and (3) click the OK button.
How do I keep a table from going to the next page in Word?
Follow these steps, instead:
- Select the row (or rows) that you want to keep together.
- Choose Table Properties from the Table menu. Word displays the Table Properties dialog box; you should make sure the Row tab is selected.
- Make sure the Allow Row to Break Across Pages check box is cleared.
- Click your mouse on OK.