How do you write the results and discussion of a thesis?
- Don’t repeat results.
- Order simple to complex (building to conclusion); or may state conclusion first.
- Conclusion should be consistent with study objectives/research question.
- Emphasize what is new, different, or important about your results.
- Consider alternative explanations for the results.
- Limit speculation.
What is results and discussion in thesis?
The results chapter or section simply and objectively reports what you found, without speculating on why you found these results. The discussion interprets the meaning of the results, puts them in context, and explains why they matter.
What should write in results and discussion?
Strength and limitations of the study. Conclusion and possible implications of your study (including the significance of your study) Future research questions based on your findings.
How do you write a discussion thesis statement?
How to write a thesis discussion
- Prepare an outline that broadly states your argument and how your results support it.
- Strengthen your argument by mapping out how your results fit into the outline.
- Place unexpected or controversial results in context and describe what may have caused them.
How do you write results and discussion in quantitative research?
Writing About Quantitative Results
- Describe the sample.
- Remind the reader of the research question being addressed, or the hypothesis being tested.
- Tell the reader what you want him/her to get from the data.
- State which differences are significant.
- Highlight the important trends and differences/comparisons.
Can results and discussion be combined in a thesis?
When writing a dissertation or thesis, the results and discussion sections can be both the most interesting as well as the most challenging sections to write. You may choose to write these sections separately, or combine them into a single chapter, depending on your university’s guidelines and your own preferences.
How do you write results and discussion in qualitative research?
Give your interpretations
- Identifying correlations, patterns and relationships among the data.
- Discussing whether the results met your expectations or supported your hypotheses.
- Contextualizing your findings within previous research and theory.
- Explaining unexpected results and evaluating their significance.
How do you write a thesis statement in one sentence?
After a brief introduction of your topic, you state your point of view on the topic directly and often in one sentence. This sentence is the thesis statement, and it serves as a summary of the argument you’ll make in the rest of your paper.
What type of sentence is used to write a thesis statement?
1.2 A thesis statement is a single declarative sentence. A declarative sentence is simply a sentence that makes a statement rather than asking a question or making a command.
How long should results and discussion be?
Generally the length of the ‘Discussion ‘ section should not exceed the sum of other sections (ıntroduction, material and methods, and results), and it should be completed within 6–7 paragraphs.. Each paragraph should not contain more than 200 words, and hence words should be counted repeteadly.
How do you write the results section of a research paper example?
The results section should simply state the findings, without bias or interpretation, and arranged in a logical sequence. The results section should always be written in the past tense.
How do you organize the results and discussion in a research paper?
For most research paper formats, there are two ways of presenting and organizing the results.
- Present the results followed by a short explanation of the findings.
- Present a section and then discuss it, before presenting the next section then discussing it, and so on.
How do you write the results of a research paper?
Key Aspects for Your Research Results Section Make sure you include details about your data analysis and interpretation, as well as statistical significance tests. Report the statistical insignificant research findings for your academic article’s credibility. Use the past tense when describing to your research results.
Can a thesis be 2 sentences?
A thesis statement must ALWAYS be a complete sentence. In some cases, the thesis may stretch to two sentences, but it should be identified in a concise statement, not generally discussed within a paragraph. Thesis statements may vary depending on the type of paper.
Can I write results and discussion together?
If each is more than half a page, I prefer to separate results and discussion into two separate sections. Otherwise, combine them in one section. Separating the results and discussion will help the reader to clearly understand the paper. And as much as possible, results should not be repeated in the discussion portion.