What are hanging indents?
A Hanging indent, also known as a second line indent, sets off the first line of a paragraph by positioning it at the margin, and then indenting each subsequent line of the paragraph.
Why is hanging indent not working?
2 Answers. Hitting Enter at the end of the line is telling Word that you want a new paragraph so the indenting you set doesn’t apply as it was set for the previous paragraph. To get the hanging indent to work, press Shift + Enter at the end of the line. This tells Word that you are still in the current paragraph.
Can you do a hanging indent in Google Slides?
Creating a hanging indent in Google Slides is really a two-step project. First you indent all of your text, and then pull the first line back to its original position. Now, click and drag the blue arrow over to the position where you want your hanging indent to be.
How do you do a hanging indent on a Mac keyboard?
Hanging indent in Word
- Right-click your mouse. Or if you’re using a Mac laptop, press ⌘+ctrl+mouse click.
- Under ‘Indentation,’ in the ‘Special:’ field select ‘Hanging’ In the pop-up window that appears, look to the fields under ‘Indentation.
- Enter . 5” in ‘By:’ field.
- Hit ‘OK’ Afterward, your bibliography should look like this!
How do you indent references in Google Slides?
Create the properly formatted reference in Google Docs or Word (or simply type it out in Slides). Click in front of the text where you want the hanging indent to occur and press “Enter” on the keyboard. You will notice a shift in the text. Finally, press “tab” on the keyboard and it will create the indent.
How do you remove an indent?
Remove or clear a hanging indent
- Select the text where you want to remove a hanging indent.
- Go to Home > Paragraph dialog launcher. > Indents and Spacing.
- Under Special, select None.
- Select OK.
How do you do a hanging indent on the keyboard?
CTRL + T creates a hanging indent. (Each repeat increases the indent size by one tab stop.) CTRL + Shift + T decreases a hanging indent. (Each repeat decreases the indent size by one tab stop.)