What is Ted Talk style?
TED style talks are delivered without notes and the speaker wears a lapel or headset microphone and is never behind a lectern. TED style presentations have minimal or even no slides. TED style talks are simple and concise. Any superfluous information is taken out of the speech for the sake of time.
How would you make your class the best class?
10 Ways to Keep Your Class Interesting
- Incorporate Mystery Into Your Lessons.
- Don’t Repeat Classroom Material.
- Create Classroom Games.
- Give Your Students Choices.
- Use Technology.
- Don’t Take Teaching so Seriously.
- Make Your Lessons Interactive.
- Relate Material to Your Students’ Lives.
What makes a class better?
Having an open relationship with your teacher and your classmates also makes for a good classroom setting. A balance of the student/teacher relationship, teacher and student involvement, a nice course load, with fun aspects sprinkled into the class makes for a “good class”.
What are 7 ways to become a better listener?
The 7 Steps to Becoming a Better Listener
- Step 1: Create a Comfortable Setting and Opportunity to Have a Conversation.
- Step 2: Talk Less, Listen More.
- Step 3: Be Okay with Silences.
- Step 4: Ask Good Questions.
- Step 5: Be Careful When Sharing Your Personal Experience.
- Step 6: Do Not Stress About Saying the Right Thing.
What are the advantages of good listening?
Practicing Law: 5 Benefits of Effective Listening
- Listening Contributes to Case Analysis and Strategy.
- Listening Helps Avoid Nasty Surprises Later.
- Listening Can be a Way of Letting Others do the Work.
- Listening Helps with Setting Priorities.
- Listening generates more work in the future—in a good way.
What would you change in a class?
10 Easy Things You Can Change in Your Classroom Today
- Assign jobs. I have jobs for everything and they change weekly.
- Be on a need to know basis.
- Have extras.
- If you can, plan right away.
- Keep a Google Calendar.
- In fact, have a classroom blog.
- Ask your students.
- Dance a little.